Skip to content
CJUS 610 Quiz 6 Liberty University
- Established in late 2002, the 9/11 Commission:
- Homeland security:
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) was created by the:
- The USA PATRIOT Act of 2001 increased or strengthened public law enforcement’s:
- Terrorism may involve:
- The National Strategy for Homeland Security focuses on six critical mission areas which include:
- The ______ was developed through the DHS to promote collaboration among first responders from different jurisdictions and public safety disciplines.
- Earthquakes, hurricanes, and tornados are examples of:
- A(n) ______ is a large-scale epidemic that occurs when a disease emerges for which there is little or no immunity in the human population.
- The formation of the ______ represented the largest transformation of U.S. government agencies since the creation of the U.S. Department of Defense in 1947.
- What are several considerations to make when developing a homeland security operational planning and response strategy?
- How do natural and environmental disasters differ? How should the police prepare for and respond to such disasters?
- Briefly analyze the findings and recommendations of the 9/11 Commission. Are the commission’s recommendations comprehensive and meaningful? Explain.
- How may state, county, and local police assume a leadership role in homeland security?
- Create a comprehensive definition for terrorism.